Monday, July 30, 2012

K-cups Review: Celestial Seasonings English Breakfast Black Tea


So, this one's the first Celestial Seasonings K-cup I'm reviewing, but not the first one I've tried.  Now, there's a reason for this, but that's going to be in the actual review.  Now, Celestial Seasonings is not my favorite mainstream company, they just have a certain niche making interesting fruit and herbal flavors.  I'm honestly not a big fan of their plain teas since you can get a much higher quality at a much better price, but I have like 7 of these K-cups so might as well try one out.

Also, one of my baby kittens (Otto) is sleeping on me, making me type in a weird angle.  I'd take a picture but it would require me waking him up.  Still, it's pretty cute.  

Outsides:  It's a fairly standard K-cup that makes a very dark tea.  It smells...meh.  It basically smells like a cheap black tea.

Insides:  I took the first sip and thought "Dear god, this is bitter".  On the second sip, "Ugh, is it really this bad?"  Third sip, "Yeah, it's that bad."  This is, quite possibly, the worst tea I have ever had.  It's undrinkable bitter and yet, there's very little tea flavor.  I will say that it's SLIGHTLY more bearable cold, but that's only because I didn't dump it last night.  It's just awful and I can't believe a company would put out a product this bad.

Overall:  I have seven of these and I have no idea what to do with them (although the kittens like playing with them and they kinda make reasonable cat toys).  No, don't buy these.  Don't buy these for anyone as a gift, don't buy them for yourself.  Just stay away!

My Rating:  STAY AWAY!    

No comments:

Post a Comment