Saturday, July 14, 2012

K-cup Review: Timothy's Decaf Columbian


You know, I keep avoiding decaf coffees.  It's not that I find them bad, I just always figued that coffee = caffeine and that was the end of it.  But today after work, I really wanted a cup of coffee.  Normally, I wouldn't care whether it had caffeine or not, but I have to wake up at 7 to go back to my job so staying up until 3 would cause me to have a bad time.  Timothy's is the same brand responsible for the Kahlua coffee, so it would be interesting to see how they handle dark roasts.

Outsides:  A blue K-cup but nothing out of the ordinary.  The coffee is dark and actually smells very smokey and rich, which is a good sign.

Insides:  I am going to preface this by telling you two things that may have affected the taste of this without being the coffee's fault.  1)  My machine stalled.  Occasionally, my machine will not spit out coffee like it's supposed to and will store extra water in it's container or something.  This normally doesn't effect the taste unless it adds the extra water, but I think I replaced the cup in time to prevent that.  2)  I only have non-dairy creamer.  Like, powder creamer.  It works great for tea but I prefer using half-and-half for coffee.

That all being said, this tastes really acidic to me.  Oh, it's slightly smokey and actually pretty sweet, but it also tastes like someone added some lemon juice to the coffee.  I know some people like coffee like this (Starbucks has a business selling it) but I prefer sweet or smokey flavors over the harsh flavor of acid.  But you know what, this is in every sample pack they put out for the Keurig.  Try it for yourself because maybe I screwed up.

Overall:  I don't care for it.  I drank it and maybe it's my fault it tastes so awful, but I don't recommend getting this.

My Rating:  Pass.  Here's the site:  Timothy's

No comments:

Post a Comment