Friday, July 27, 2012

TasTEA Time! Oishi Green Tea with Honey and Lemon


It's summer, meaning it's hot and I want to buy iced tea more than usual.  Today, I bought three different iced teas (Lipton Pomegranate Blueberry, Sweet Leaf Diet Original and this) and really, the only reason I bought this one was because I was curious.  I stopped by the Oriental Market today because I needed to get some fresh produce and it was by my work (and cheap with produce) and of course, the first two stops I make are in the tea isle and the drink isle.  Nothing looked too interesting in the teas but I really like these bottled green teas.  I haven't tried Oishi before but hopefully this one's good.

Outsides:  This tea is in a plastic bottle and is a lovely gold color.  It smells warm and citrusy.

Insides:  The first taste that hits your buds are the honey and the lemon, making this taste a bit like a Ricola, but not in a bad way.  It's a little strange because the honey makes this smell very sweet but it's only about as sweet as the Pure Leaf.  Maybe it's because of the lemon, which is also strong and bright.  It goes down very smooth and the tea is a better quality than what the price suggests.

Overall:  I really like this.  I saw other flavors of Oishi and this tea really makes me want to try the others.  If you like sweet green tea that still has a flavor past sugar, give this one a try.

My Rating:  Buy it!  Well, I can't find a real website, but um...here's this Youtube video.

1 comment:

  1. Actually green tea is an wonderful remedy for making your health fit & perfect so that green tea brand also increased in India then adding honey helps to reduce your unwanted fat in your body, Thanks for this wonderful blog
    Regards,
    Green Tea Price in Chennai

    ReplyDelete