Monday, July 23, 2012

K-cup Reviews: celestial Seasonings southern sweet black iced tea


Oh goodie, we have another Brew Over Ice...thing.  I figured I'd try a tea this time and in general, I like Celestial Seasonings.  The quality of the tea isn't the best but they really excel in their flavorings and offering a great variety.  Plus, their normal tea makes great iced tea.  Now, I'm not the biggest fan of sweet tea and I'm curious whether this variety is sweetened or unsweetened (the K-cup feels like it's full of powder or grans), but I'm willing to give it a try.

Like the other Brew Over Ice variety, I brewed it, waited for the liquid to cool and then added the ice.

Outsides:  It's your fairly standard K-cup.  The outside is a dark black tea that smells like tea that I don't really want to drink.  It smells like tea you'd get from someone who doesn't know how to brew good tea, full of chemicals and like it's just too strong.  

Insides:  First off, it is slightly sweetened.  To me, it's sweetened pretty perfectly, still being sweet but not overpowering or syrupy.  Now, the tea part is awful.  It's bitter, as in all I can really taste is the sugar and bitter.  The tea is a blend of Assam and the dumpster.  It does have a bit of fragrence to it, but this is not something anybody who's tried decent tea would drink.  Oh, and it's like 60 cents to make a CUP of this.  A SMALL CUP!  Most people can make at least a pitcher full of sweet tea with that money.

Overall:  Now, I've had sweet tea that was too sweet and could still tell was quality tea.  This isn't TOO sweet and I can tell that it's crap.  You know what, save your money from getting these K-cups and make your own put of sweet tea.  Use Lipton Tea Bags or  Seasonings if you want.  It'll be better than this.


No comments:

Post a Comment