Friday, July 13, 2012

TasTEA Time! Lipton's Green Tea with Lemon and Ginseng


The Saga continues!  I'm not particularly excited about this one since our family always used to add lemon to our tea (I don't anymore, but it was a thing).  Lemon just seems so common, so mundane, and yet I see it everywhere.

Outsides:  Paper outside, plastic inside, individually-packaged sachets.  The tea itself is your standard green tea color, maybe slightly more yellow and smells lemon-y fresh!

Insides:  Well, if you like lemon then you should love this!  Ok, here's the problem I have with this.  There's so much of the lemon flavoring in here that you can't taste anything else.  Tea has its own distinct flavor and this blend also has some lemongrass in it.  But drinking this is like drinking lemonade.  Now, the lemon flavor is good and at the very least, tastes natural.  But subtlety!

Overall:   Despite my complaining, I don't actually think it's that bad.  I guess if you like lemon, give this a shot.

My rating:  Try it!  Here's the site:  Lipton Tea Home.

1 comment:

  1. I used to drink Lipton Green tea a long time ago, I'd keep it chilled in a bottle and drink it throughout the day. Years later I started researching the effects of green tea and weight loss and found it's many health benefits. Being middle aged, I have trouble with belly fat even though I exercise. Green tea helps me keep the belly fat down while I keep up my exercise regime
    Look at my website for more information

    ReplyDelete