Wednesday, July 25, 2012

TasTEA Time! Snapple Papaya Mango Tea


Oh Snapple, you and your limited editions.  Brett Michels has a tea made after him and apparently, so does the Amazing Race India.  But, this one has papaya and mango so I'm perfectly willing to buy a discounted case.  Now, I don't think Snapple is the best bottled iced tea (I can think of at least 5 companies that are better), but they're usually inexpensive and have a pretty decent quality product.  My biggest problem is that to me, their black teas are too sweet and strong.  But hopefully this one will be good.

Outsies:  This one has a nice festive bottle.  The tea is dark and it smells fruity and tropical.  

Insides:  I was pleasantly surprised at the non-attack of sugar.  The mango flavor is strong with this one and I think they put a little less tea.  It's still strong black tea, but the fruit flavors take front stage and really, I'm ok with that.  Looking at the back, they seemed to have cut back a little with the sugar (This one's 150 calories as opposed to 170-180).  I actually really like it and hopefully, can buy another discounted case.

Overall:  It's nice, fruity and an all around good summer treat.  Unfortunately, you can only find these in discount stores, but the newest batch isn't expired yet and I got a 6-pack for 3 dollars.  So yeah, buy it for that much.

My Rating:  Buy it!  Here's the site:  Snapple

No comments:

Post a Comment