Saturday, July 14, 2012

TasTEA Time! Lipton Green Tea with Mint


Only two more Lipton Green Teas to go!  Much like lemon, mint tends to overpower the tea that it's mixed in with.  However, mint doesn't change the flavor of the tea as much so to me, it's a bit better as a mixer.

Outsides:  It's in the standard Lipton bags.  The tea is your average tea color and smells sweet and minty.

Insides:  It's just a nice, minty tea.  I can't exactly say that it's revolutionary, but the sweetness of the mint goes well with the tea.  The mint IS a bit overpowering to the balance, so if you're expecting a strong green tea flavor, you'll be disappointed.  But it's actually quite nice cold and seems pretty vesitile.  It's not very multi-dimensional but sometimes, simplicity is ok. 

Overall:  I think this is my second favorite Lipton green tea (after the "honey").  it's simple, sweet and refreshing.  Also, the green tea would be gentler on the stomach than the black one, so if you have a choice then get this one.

My Rating;  Buy it (I think I gave the honey a try, but honestly, I think this is just a solid mint tea).
Here's the website:  Lipton Tea Home

No comments:

Post a Comment