Wednesday, July 11, 2012

K-cup Review: Timothy's Kahlua-flavored coffee


After I buy more K-cups, I always think "That's enough.  I should have enough coffee to last me a while."  These things are kinda pricey and I have a whole grocery bag full of them.  But when i went to Big Lots the other day, I saw this and the Green Mountain Sumatra Reserve and swore in my head.  I have enough coffee, I thought.  I'm not even sure if they're going to be good, I thought.  And yet, here I am with 36 more K-cups.  I justify this by "I'm just stocking up for the schoolyear" and with the Kahlua one, White Russians are some of my favorite drinks.  

Outsides:  As you guessed, this is your standard K-cup.  This coffee smells unlike any other coffee I've brewed in that it's a combination of sweet smells.  There isn't so much of the coffee smell, but it serves as this undertone for the vanilla, caramel and rum.  

Insides:  So, this is one of the more unique coffees I've tried on the Keurig because it tastes like a coffee mix and yet it also tastes like normal coffee.  I've added cream and sugar and have to say, this tastes like what you want those Cappuccino Coolers to taste like except those instant coffees are awful.  It's a bit of the opposite of most flavored coffees in that this Kahlua coffee has an undertone of coffee with the flavors taking the main stage.  Quite honestly, it tastes like a White Russian made with Kahlua; creamy, smooth and with a light coffee flavor.  Plus it's non-alcoholic, which can be taken as both a good and bad thing.  

Overall:  If you're a fan of light-roasts or have guests that like light-roasts, this is definitely a crowd-pleaser.  It's fun, sweet and a great pick-me-up.  Get it if you can!

My Rating:  Buy it!  Here's the Bed, Bath and Beyond website with it.    

BONUS!


Here are some pictures of my babies.  I've had them for a few weeks but just never took good pictures of them (these ones aren't good either).  Their names are Otto and Selena, Otto has a bigger white dot on his chest and belly and Selena is almost all black.  They're both incredibly sweet and get well with our dogs as well as Thomas and Anya.


This one's Otto BTW

No comments:

Post a Comment