Wednesday, July 4, 2012

K-cup Reviews: Green Mountain Naturals Apple Cider


So, this is the first K-cup I've reviewed that, to me, seems pointless and more money grubbing than usual.  I can understand why people want coffee from these things, it's a lot faster than a conventional drip machine and is slightly cheaper than getting it from a decent coffee shop.  I kinda refuse to think about it with tea, because it's still stupidly overprices, but I guess if you want black tea without steeping then it's understandable.  Then there's hot cocoa and drinks like this.  There is not steeping time, you just stick the powder in a cup with hot water and mix it.  I mean, you can even use your Keurig to make hot water!  Swiss Miss has K-cups yet they cost like 3-4 times as much as just getting the chocolate mix and putting it in the hot water you created!  I could probably get a whole jug of apple cider for like $1.50, mix it with some cinnamon and have something that's more natural and authentic than this for like 30 cents.  I guess past just money grubbing, if you have kids or people who don't like coffee who want to use your Keurig, these would be for them.  But I still think the mixes turned K-cups are stupid.

Outsides:  Your average K-cup.  It's a light-looking apple cider with a nice apple-cinnamon smell.

Insides:  It tastes good in that it tastes like you'd want apple cider from a Keurig to taste.  It's sweet, it's sour and has a slight hint of cinnamon and possibly nutmeg.  One of my personal complaints is that it's a bit TOO sweet so if you have a 10 oz. setting (I don't think any of them do), it would be perfect.  It also has a nice thick texture much like normal apple cider.

Overall:  It's not bad, jut not something I personally would get.

My Rating:  Try it if you need something for kids or people who don't like coffee.  Here's the site but dear god, that's like 80 cents per K-cup!

No comments:

Post a Comment