Sunday, July 22, 2012

TasTEA Time! Tea forte cherry marzipan


Sorry I haven't posted in a while.  I was on vacation visiting my boyfriend on the other side of Pennsylvania and just didn't really bring that much to blog about.  However, I have an iDevice now that can take pictures!  I don't understand why Blogger doesn't have an iPad app, but no matter.

I got this tea as a free sample along with Cucumber Mint and Honey Yucca.  I seriously doubt that this tastes like marzipan, but I thought the flavor combinations are interesting.  This is supposed to help with corrective repair of the skin, but I feel like the company is just trying to cash in on the fact that all green tea is full of antioxidents and can help with skin.  Anyway, let's try our first Tea Forte tea.

Outsides:  The sachet is in a nice elegant plastic bag.  It looks like an average green tea and smells slightly like cherries.  Real cherries.  

Insides:  Green tea spiked with a nice cherry flavor and a hint of almond is the best way I can think to describe this.  The green tea is warm and slightly sweet, but it really goes well with the cherry flavor.  The almond flavor is subtle, but still noticeable and goes well with the cherry.   Overall, I think this is a nice tea.

Overall:  This tea isn't amazing, especially for the price they ask for it, but it's good and I recommend people check it out if they can still get a free sample.

My Rating:  Try it!  Here's the site:  Tea Forte Skin Smart.

1 comment:

  1. I think blogger is a bit behind the times, not so much in not having an iPad app, but I think that's just a symptom of google not putting many resources into it. Their spam detection for comments seems pretty bad (compared to gmail, which is pretty good), and they're very slow about cracking down on spam blogs.

    But anyway, about this tea, I haven't tried this, but I had a similar response to many of the teas from Tea Forte. The teas are good, but they have an awful lot of packaging and I get the feeling that I am paying more for packaging than the tea itself. There are some things however about the company that I really like. One thing that I think really sets them apart is that they identify on their website, the country of origin of ALL the ingredients in their blends. That's pretty remarkable, and I wish more companies did that.

    ReplyDelete