Sunday, July 15, 2012

Review: 5-Hour Energy Pomegranate Flavor


This is for the people who don't care for coffee or tea.  I know you exist out there, and I'll admit that I think you all live a sad life.  How do your get your daily intake of caffeine (Note:  I am fully aware that caffeine does not have a daily requirement)?  Well, I won't exclude you anymore, or at least for this post I won't.  I know some of you don't drink energy drinks and some of you do, I personally don't blame you for not drinking energy drinks (most of the time, they're awful).  But 5 hour energy is for everyone!  It's quick, shouldn't be too painless and is supposed to give you energy.

Outsides:  I like the cute little bottle.  I mean, as much as I like my big honking cup of whatever, I think these are incredibly convenient and a nice thing to keep on hand in case of energy crisis.  The liquid inside seems thick and is a lovely pink color.

Insides:  First off, this is not a sipping drink.  Much like the alcoholic version, 5-hour Energy shots are supposed to be swigged and possibly drunk with a chaser (mine is the next thing I'm reviewing).  That being said, it's not bad.  The pomegranate flavor actually tastes like pomegranate, putting it above 75% of other pomegranate-flavored drinks.  It does have a LOT of artificial sweetener and a lingering aftertaste, but it isn't the worst aftertaste and I'll refer you to the point I made about this being a shot and you possibly needing a water chaser.  Other than that, it didn't really give me energy at first but after eating something, I do feel more energized (although maybe it was the food?). 

Overall:  It's ok.  I'd try this flavor since it's pretty solid and honestly, I've had worse energy shots.

My Rating:  Try it!  Here's the site:  5 hour Energy Home

No comments:

Post a Comment