Tuesday, July 24, 2012

K-cup reviews: Celestial Seasonings Iced Half and Half


I don't get Half and Halfs (half-lemonade, half-iced tea).  It's become this new fad and to me at least, usually just tastes like weak lemon tea.  Now, I'm not saying that's a bad thing and it does show that people like their black tea a little less strong once in a while, but it's not something I personally go and seek out.   Now, these brew over ice K-cups...they haven't made a good impression on me.  I actually have a little hope for this one because at least the tea shouldn't be as strong and terrible and the lemon should hide it even more.  Still, this is only speculation.

As I said with the other Brew Over Ice varieties, my Keurig doesn't have a Brew Over Ice button so I just brewed it on the 8-9 oz setting, let it sit for like 10 minutes and added some ice.  

Outsides:  Your average K-cup.  It's slightly lighter than the black tea.  The thing about the smell is, you can still smell this pretty bad quality of black tea, but it's masked by the lemon.  Like, completely obliterated and overpowered.  

Insides:  So, I'm not saying this one's great, but so far it's the best of the bunch.  The tea flavoring is masked pretty well by the lemon and although the drink is a bit sour and bitter, it's not to the point of being undrinkable.  Also, it's sweetened pretty well, bot being overly sweet but still being sweet.  It's not amazing, but it's enjoyable if you want some quick beverage.

Overall:  I don't think this is the best thing since sliced bread, but it is the only Brew Over Ice thing I've tried that didn't force me to dump the rest of the drink down the drain.  If you want some Keurig Iced tea, get this one.


No comments:

Post a Comment