Friday, July 13, 2012

TasTEA Time! Choicest Golden Dragon China Green Tea





See that title.  I have no idea if that's right.  I do know that Golden Dragon Choicest Tea is distributed by Blooming Imports in Brooklyn, NY.  Normally, these things have a description of the region or type of process they used to make the tea.  Nothing.  However, this seems to be pretty common in the Oriental Markets around here and I do kinda want to review it.

Outsides:  I really like the metal tin this came in.  It's just an 8 oz metal tin with two sets of lids, but I think the design is really nice.  What's interesting is that the green tea leaves are rolled into little buds.  The tea is slightly lighter in color than some of the other ones I reviewed but smells like a slightly earthy green tea.

Insides:  I'm not going to say that this is the best green tea ever but I will say that this is slightly better than a lot of the brand-name teas.  It's a little bland to me but probably had the same amount of flavor as the Lipton, is slightly sweet with a hint of earthiness and warmth.  It also has no weird aftertaste, putting it above about half of the drug-store brands I've tried.

Overall:  This is working tea.  This is for when you just need a pot of something to drink while doing a paper and don't really care if it's the best thing ever.  I'd say at least try it out for the price and if you just want something to drink that isn't water.  It's not super exciting, but it gets the job done.

My Rating:  Try it!  I'd love to give you a site but there really isn't one.

No comments:

Post a Comment