Friday, November 18, 2011

TasTEA Time! Yogi Egyptian Licorice Mint!

If you think this is cute, I'll let you know that he's snoring.  



What:  Mint Tea with Licorice.  It's organic and promotes well being too!

Where:  USA

Why Should I Care:  I was going to write about how my stomach is still a little sensitive and I need some mint as well as ginger, but then I looked up the company information to see where they were established.  Yogi Teas are blended using traditional Ayurvedic spices and are made to promote well-being and holistic health.  I especially love how they have different teas that are supposed to help with different ailments, like tea for cold, arthritis and even Women's Health (Note:  I don't want people to think that by drinking tea, you'll cure your ailments.  However, a lot of medicine is naturally derived and using herbs has helped people with certain conditions).  I'm trying the Egyptian Licorice Mint, which sounds a little terrifying thanks to the licorice.


Packaging:  First off, this tea is probably about three years old but thankfully is packed in individually foil-wrapped sachets.  






Non-Taste Senses:  It's yellow colored and it smells strongly of mint.


Taste:  You know, for a tea that's at least three years old, it held up pretty well.  The licorice is there, it's not excessively strong, but it's there and you have to deal with it.  I also read that the tea has Stevia flower in it (an ingredient found in artificial sweetener) and that attributes to this strange sweet taste.  It takes sugar well if only because it already has a bit of sweetness and I just don't recommend drinking it any other way than hot.  


Overall:  You know what, I review things on taste and price and not whether they're healthy for you.  There's other mint tea out there and more than likely, they're better than this.  If you want strong mint tea or something that REALLY takes care of a sore tummy, check this out.  It's not bad, I just can't say go out and buy it.


My Rating:  Pass (unless you want something more healthful than your average mint tea which is already pretty healthful.  Or you like Licorice).  Here's the site.  

No comments:

Post a Comment