Friday, November 18, 2011

TasTEA Time! Twinnings Herbal Revive

My assistant is back from catching mice and chasing tail.

What:  Not a tea in the typical sense, but a blend of ginger, lemon and other herbs

Where:  England/Britain

Why Should I Care:  Today, I went to this Indian buffet called India Garden in Oakland (if you live in Pittsburgh, you probably know about it since it's walking distance from the University of Pittsburgh).  It was delicious, but I ate way too much and now my stomach hurts.  What are the best herbs for a tummy ache?  Ginger and Mint.  You can actually get powdered Ginger drink from any Asian-type store (this includes Indian markets) but I like this because it's generally a lot cheaper (and possibly tastier) to get ginger tea than plain ginger drink.

Packaging:  Good for the go, individually foil-wrapped tea sachets.



Non-taste Senses:  I held the cup differently to accentuate how opaque the liquid is.  It's also this weird light-yellow color that I haven't seen before with "tea".  It smells strongly of lemon and ginger.

Taste:  Nice and spicy!  It's definatly strong and the addition of lemon adds a nice touch of citrus to break up that ginger.  I don't think someone could honestly drink this at a meal, but if you like ginger then you will love this.  It's nice with sugar and if you're going to drink it, you should drink it warm.

Overall:  It's not a typical tea but if you're looking for a ginger experience, check this out.  If you don't like ginger or lemon, I don't know why you'd want to drink this.

My Rating:  Try it!  Here's Twinning's site again and you're right, I DO deserve a better cup of tea.  We ALL deserve a better cup of tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment