Wednesday, November 9, 2011

TasTEA Time! Twinnings Lady Grey

I just want to start out by saying that I don't plan on reviewing all the Twinning products I have at the same time, but I felt like having this tea for my lunch tomorrow so that's why today is Twinnings day.


What:  Earl Grey's hot wife

Where:  England/Britain

Why Should I Care:  It's an original flavor from Twinnings and when you've been around since the 17th century and have the Queen's seal on it, you should be decent.

Packaging:  I actually really like the design on the box.  It's simple but the color pallet is bright and Lady Grey seems like an elegant lady with a bit of a wild streak.  Now, this is a 50c and because of that, I paid less money but the sachets aren't individually wrapped.  The box is pretty sturdy though (which doesn't really mean anything since it's made out of cardboard).  


Non-taste Senses:  The color is golden and looks a little lighter than your average black tea.  It smells great.  The citrus really fills up the room.

Taste:  This is a really well-balanced tea.  The flavor is bold but the lemon and orange flavor really brightens up the taste.  Black Tea is normally too heavy for me to really enjoy it by itself but this particular blend is a bit lighter.  I actually think this is one of my favorite Twinnings flavors.

Overall:  This tea is awesome!  I really hope the smaller packs have individually wrapped sachets because that would really help this retain the flavor over time.  It's really uplifting and can be enjoyed by anyone, hot or cold.  Oh, and it's great with lunch foods like sandwiches.  

My Rating:  Buy it!  Here's the website again.  I got it when they changed packaging so that's why mine looks different (and better than the other boxes).

No comments:

Post a Comment