Monday, November 14, 2011

TasTEA Time! Loyd Fruits of the Forest Mulled Wine Tea

It's also a well documented fact that cats help beat the cold weather.


What:  A non-alcoholic version of mulled wine.

Where:  I got this at a Polish store, but for now I can only say somewhere in Europe.

Why Should I Care:  Mulled Wine is pretty much one of the best thing to beat the cold and share with company. You have this combination of fruit, spices and booze that really makes a great drink when the weather's chilly and you have nowhere important to go.  It's nice seeing this in tea form if only because you can drink it in more practical places like your car or work without that little thing called intoxication.  Plus I'm a sucker for berry tea.

Packaging:  The pack I got had the sachets individually wrapped in cellophane.  I can't tell you whether that has the freshness preserving edge over foil but hey, it works.



Non-taste Senses:  The tea itself is this nice reddish-pink color and it give off this smell of spices and berries from halfway across the room.

Taste:  It's strong, but not in the bad way.  It feels like you're drinking blackberry juice with some cloves and other spices mixed in.  The berry flavor is nice and it stands up well to the spices that also are in here.  The box says there's a hint of alcohol but I don't taste it (and doubt it's enough to make any difference).  I think it can be drunk without any sweetener but it also takes sugar well and although I think it would be ok cold, that kinda defeats the purpose.

Overall:  Do you like spiced apple cider?  Do you like berries?  Would you spend two dollars on a ten-pack?  If the answer is yes then check it out.  It makes a great alternative to hot cocoa.

My Rating:  Try it!  The site didn't have any shopping links but it probably in your European Market.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, you should be more informative about where you got the tea from even if your audience doesn't live near. I was looking for this exact tea and luckily you had a photo of it! This tea is the most flavorfull teas I have had yet. It is one of my tops!

    ReplyDelete