Friday, November 25, 2011

TasTEA Time! Touch Organic White Tea

Back from Thanksgiving festivities and working after black Friday.



What:  Organic White Tea (with a little bit of green mixed in)

Where:  China

Why Should I Care:  It's pretty hard finding inexpensive white tea (even more when it's organic) and in a way, this brand is cheating.  Touch mixes lightly oxidized silver-needle white tea with green tea for a supposedly young taste.  Another thing is, I usually find white tea to be too weak.  Maybe it's because I get the cheapest ones though.

Packaging:  The sachets are in these foil envelopes and the paper used looks more brown-paper-bag than other sachet papers.



Non-Taste Senses:  It has a light green tea color and it's practically odorless, although it had a strong tea scent in the package.

Taste:  Now, I've tried the fruit-flavored white teas from this brand and those were nice (more reviews coming sometime).  I don't know if it's the green tea mixed in there or if this brand is just so much better than what I've been getting because this tea is really good.  it's light, there's no bitterness and there's this sweet, floral flavor to it.  For something with such a light color, it actually has a nice, full-bodied taste.  Sugar only brings out the light hints of floral and sweetness and I'm sure if you like iced white tea, you'd like this (mix in some fruit too).

Overall:  Freaking great is the only way I can describe this.  Brew it at a slightly lower temperature (about 70 degrees Celsius) and it'll still be strong.

My Rating:  Buy it!  Here's the site.   It seems to be a little pricey online but I got it at Big Lots for 2 dallas!

No comments:

Post a Comment