Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Hot Cocoa Time! Stephen's Candy Cane Cocoa Peppermint



What:  Hot cocoa with bits of candy cane in it.  A thing to note is that this candy cane is supposed to melt but will more likely end up sticking to anything and everything it touches from the mug to the spoon you mix it with.

Where:  USA

Why Should I Care:  Mint tends to be one of the more popular hot chocolate flavors and this one has little bits of candy mixed in the cocoa.  My mom got me a huge box of this stuff and I can tell you that it's great for company after a night of throwing snowballs or walking two miles in the opposite direction from the dorm (I will never trust that person with directions again).  But I have matured and tasted many more a hot cocoa so how will Stephen's hold up?

Packaging:  Foil bags.



Non-Taste Senses:  It's standard hot chocolate with a little bit of a pinkish tint.  There's also that hint of peppermint in the smell.

Taste:  Well, it's not as creamy as Land-o-Lakes, but it has a really strong minty candy cane taste.   It's sweet but not too sweet and another nice thing is surprisingly, it does mix well and doesn't leave as much of a cocoa residue as other brands.

Overview:  I think one of the nice things about getting close to the holidays are some of the limited edition flavors of food and this is no exception.

My Rating:  Try it!  Here's the site.  Something tells me that this is the uber-bulk pack, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment