Sunday, November 13, 2011

TasTEA Time! Price of Peace Green Tea



What:  Cheap Green Tea

Where:  "China"

Why Should I Care:  I got a 100c pack for $3.20.  That's pretty much it.  The tea talks about being all-natural but the truth is, they're ALL all-natural.

Packaging:  The good news is that they're all individually wrapped.  The bad news is that it's in paper.  If you're going to wrap something, there isn't any point unless it's in something like foil or plastic.  You're going to lose flavor just as quickly with paper as you would if the tea was naked.



Non-taste Senses:  It looks like green tea (the cheap kind you find everywhere) and it smells like green tea.

Taste:  At first, it tastes ok.  But there's something that emerges in the middle of the flavor which is...terrifying.  It hits you at the sides of your mouth and it's this extreme sour/bitterness which is ruining whatever taste this stuff has.  It's funny because I brewed this before and each time I did, it was meh for a variety of reasons.  Discounting the times that I didn't brew it correctly, I also remember it having a slight chlorine taste.   Honestly, I doubt anything would save it.  Sugar actually makes it worse and I doubt icing it would be successful.

Overall:  I know this is cheap and I love cheap things, but sometimes you have to look at quality.  The reason I got this was because I drink a good 2 to 3 pots of tea per day and I could use this to help me save those slightly pricier teas but honestly, I don't drink this as much as I thought I would.  Yes, I explained that the taste was awful but it's also because you can find better tea for a couple cents more.  Instead of buying this, go buy some chun me loose leaf or Heath and Heather Jasmine Green.  They're not the best, but they're good buys for the price

My Rating:  Pass.  The company doesn't seem to have a website, but a lot of their other products are getting great reviews *shrug*.

No comments:

Post a Comment