Saturday, November 19, 2011

TasTEA Time! Arizona Green Tea with Pomegranate and Acai Berry




What:  Pomegranate tea from a name brand

Where:  USA

Why Should I Care:  I...I don't care for Arizona Green Tea.  I know, it's a great value:  For 99 cents, you get a big can of badly-brewed tea and high-fructose corn syrup!  It's just, the tea doesn't taste real to me.  There's no flavor.  Oh, and that Pomegranate tea they sell is a LIE.  Companies seem to think that if you put pomegranate on the label of something, you can replace it with any other red fruit.  BTW, Cherries do not taste like Pomegranates, Arizona.  So, I got this tea just to see if the hot version was going to lie to me too.

Packaging:  The individually foil-wrapped bags give me a glimmer of hope.  Maybe this isn't going to be a bland, lifeless product of corporate greed?  Maybe this'll be decent!



Non-taste senses:  It's this cloudy pinkish red color and it actually does smell like pomegranate and some berries.

Taste:  So, the smell is kinda strong but that disappears when it goes into your mouth.  It's not BAD per say, but I feel like when you have that vibrant of a color and that strong of a smell, you should have a flavor to go with it.  The "green tea" portion is nonexistent or crushed by the taste of the berries.  I've had this cold and I will tell you that it's even more bland and also, sugar doesn't really do anything to enhance the flavor.

Overall:  I know you'll probably see it cheap and it may seem tempting due to the delicious pomegranate on the front, but it really isn't worth it.

My Rating:  Pass.  Here's the website.  An interesting note is that Arizona Tea Bags was the third result after typing in Arizona Tea B.  The first two b's were Bankrupt and Bad for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment