Sunday, November 20, 2011

TasTEA Time! The Tea Farm's Rosemary Tea

First off, the instructions they put on the package is wrong.  If you do buy this, make sure the water is boiling then soak it for at least 5 minutes.  The package gives instructions for green tea and it doesn't work so well for the tough rosemary.



What:  It's pretty much just rosemary

Where:  Apparently it's a product of China

Why Should I Care:  When I ordered from the Tea Farm, they mixed up the sizes of the tea I got so I'm stuck with a 4 oz bag of Rosemary tea (which is actually pretty sizable).  The question is, do I want to return this or should i just keep the tea since it'll last me for a while.  Wikipedia tells me that rosemary forms a neurlogical barrier against free radicals, is anti-carsigenic and improves the quality of memory although it reduces the speed of recall.  In other words, this might be a great study tea.

Packaging:  It's in a nice foil-lined bag, which is resealable but still a total pain.



Non-taste Senses:  The tea itself is almost clear with a yellow-green tint.  It smells like Rosemary.

Taste:  It's actually pretty refreshing.  It has a light taste with a bit of a cooling effect and a little bit of natural sweetness.  Sugar is a nice touch and I'd recommend just drinking it warm.

Overall:  It's not bad, but I kinda wish they would have added some ceylon or something.  I mean, why would I want to order this when I can just go to Giant Eagle and get some rosemary.  On the other hand, I can make some delicious pork chops with the extra.

My Rating:  Try it while it's still november.  If you order something from the Tea Farm, you can add this to your order for free this month.  Yeah, it's just rosemary but if you don't like it, use it for some recipes   Pass any other month.

No comments:

Post a Comment