Saturday, November 12, 2011

TasTEA Time! Babcia Jagoda Apple Tea



What:  Apple Tea "like your Grandma used to make it"

Where:  Poland

Why Should I Care:  When I went to New York, I got this at a store on Greenpoint for a buck.  ONE DOLLAR for 20 bags of tea!  And it wasn't even a discount store, it was like a convenience store from what I got out of it.  Plus it's fall and that means that it's the season for apple tea.

Packaging:  Unsurprisingly, the sachets are paired squares without being wrapped.  I doubt this stuff lasts very long once it's opened.  The babcia on the box looks rather pleasant though.



Non-taste Senses:  It's the color of a golden apple and it smells like fresh apple pie filling.

Taste:  This isn't the best apple tea ever, but it's not the worst either.  There's a really strong apple flavor without much of the usual cinnamon that accompanies it (my mom hates cinnamon and she didn't notice it here).  If you're looking for tea, it isn't really here since this is classified as a herbal tea.  It's not bad though especially if you like apples.

Overall:  I think if you live in New York and want some cheap fruit tea, pick this one up.  For everyone else, I wouldn't pay more than 2 bucks for it unless you hate cinnamon and love apples.  The drink is pleasant for cold weather and full of apple-ly goodness.

My Rating:  Try it!  here

No comments:

Post a Comment