Saturday, November 19, 2011

TasTEA Time! Tazo Zen

First off, all 10 of you may be wondering why I'm writing so many posts today.  Don't you have a life, Domino?  The answer to that last question is no, but there are a couple of reasons why I'm writing so much.  The first one is purely because I am bored.  The second one is because I'm going to be very busy in the next few weeks and this'll give you all (including new people) more posts to indulge yourselves in before the possible drought begins.  The last reason is because the Hot Coco and this tea were both drunk on impulse.  I only have one sachet of this tea and I honestly want to get it over with (which sounds like I'm biased against Tazo but i'm not.  If it's awesome, I'll tell you how awesome it is).  Now where were we?

Tommy was not feeling in a mood of Zen for this.  



What:  Green tea with lemongrass and...you guessed it, spearmint!

Where:  USA

Why Should I Care:  Seriously Tazo, I know you love mint and all but does it need to be in everything?  I mean, it makes more sense for a tea called Zen to have Lotus, Jasmine or even Ginger.  My rant aside, I do have a weakness for lemongrass and green tea.  Maybe this'll be awesome!

Packaging:  So, when I said before that Tazo had a paper/foil combination, I was wrong.  It actually has a paper/wax paper combination.  I don't know if that's supposed to be better or worse but legit tea companies use foil and that's what I want to see!



Non-Taste Senses:  It's a lot yellower than normal green tea and it smells like lemongrass.

Taste:  You know what, this green tea is awful.  It's just like the kind you get from Biglow (the worst tea company ever) where there really isn't a taste past some bitterness.  I brewed it right, the water temperature was at about 70 degrees but man, I don't taste the green tea at all.  Honestly, the only thing I taste is the mint (I'm not even being a jerk, that's just all I taste).  Sugar just doesn't do anything and I doubt it'll taste better cold.

Overall:  Look, just don't buy it.  It's bland, boring and overpriced no matter how you get it.  There are better brands of green tea out there.

My Rating:  Pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment