Friday, November 18, 2011

TasTEA Time! Malwa Rosehip Tea.

'Scuse me, dis is not cat food!


What:  Hibiscus Tea with Apple, Rosehips and Briar Rose

Where:  Poland

Why Should I Care:  I like to imagine the tea world as this big, multi-layered ocean.  First people just think of tea as black and...green.  Then you start adding flavors like mint and lemon and berry and you possibly add a new type of tea like white, red or oolong.  Rose flower tea is something you start seeing once you pass those layers of tea-newbdom and start looking at legit tea websites (is this description doing it for you because I'm not even sure what I'm talking about anymore).  My point is that much like Genmai cha, it's not as unique as it sounds although you kinda have to look at specific tea places to find it.

Packaging:  This falls under the annoying loose leaf packaging category   There's a plastic bag within the paper container.  It's not even an easy pour bag, it's just...there.  Just use a metal container.



Non-Taste Senses:  Look at this color!  Yes, that is a very pale pink.  Oh, I brewed it the right time, it's just the cutest thing ever (Yeah, I'm a dork).  There's a light floral scent with a bit of fruit.

Taste:  Oh man, this stuff is awesome!  The mixture of floral and fruit is perfect!  It's a very light tasting tea but that doesn't mean that the flavor isn't bold in its own way, plus it's very reminiscent of lychee fruit.  It's nice chilled but not ice cold and it's really fantastic with sugar

Overall:  I think it's pretty obvious that I'm going to recommend this.  It's unique, light and refreshing.  If you ever need a "date" tea, look no further than this.

My Rating:  Buy it!  The site is about as useful as a wet tissue, but it's there.  Also, what's a Chokeberry?

No comments:

Post a Comment