Sunday, November 13, 2011

TasTEA Time! Heath and Heather Rooibos Tea



What:  Red Tea

Where:  Britain/England although Rooibos originates from Africa

Why Should I care:  I was a little apprehensive on buying this because I had a bad experience with Rooibos.  A couple of years ago, my mom bought some Red Tea with Lemon from some random tea company and that tea had the strongest, most terrifying lemon flavor I have ever witnessed.  I know it's not the tea's fault and I'm even giving it a chance now, not only because I decided to write about tea but because apparently, Rooibos is tea for dummies.  It's one of those stick it in boiling water teas without worrying about temperature, it doesn't have the tannines that other tea does so you can let it steep without it becoming bitter plus it's full of antioxidants and no caffeine 

Packaging:  The normal Heath and Heather 50c fare.  Big foil bag full of paired sachets.



Non-taste Senses:  It's this rusty red color that's not as translucent as other tea I've had.  I wish I could descibe the smell better but the word that comes to my mind is syrupy.

Taste:  Well, it doesn't taste like death!  It kinda reminds me of this tea syrup that some places use instead of brewing a pot of tea.  There isn't any bitterness which is good I guess, and it's sweet even without that much sugar.  I actually think this would be great for kids or people who don't drink that much tea since it's honestly pretty inoffensive.  I wish there was something more to it like a berry flavor or mango, but you can always add that.

Overall:  I think it's worth trying (just don't get any of the lemon flavored ones).  I know it isn't the season for this but get it with a pitcher of ice and some summer berries and you'll have a nice refreshing drink.  The Heath and Heather version was a fairly reasonable price as well so why not?

My Rating:  Try it!  here

No comments:

Post a Comment