Saturday, November 12, 2011

TasTEA Time! EnjoyingTea.com's Black Tea Banana



What:  A free sample of black tea and banana

Where:  I don't know where the company is located but the Ceylon is from Sri Lanka

Why Should I Care:  The reason I am reviewing this is because I got a free sample or more accurately, a free sample which i had to pay shipping for.  Four dollars in shipping.  I'm not particularly happy about that especially since the other site I ordered form only cost 1 dollar shipping with a 2 dollar credit for next purchase but it happened and I have to say, they didn't jip me as much as I thought they would.  I got enough tea from them to last me about 4 teapots full (and I have a pretty big teapot), they gave me a 15% off coupon and a nice little reference card for brewing different kinds of tea that includes temperatures, times and a couple tips.

Packaging:  I can't really say much about this since it was a free sample.  It came in a thick envelope with bubble wrap?  The tea itself is loose leaf and came in a nice thick bag but...it was free-ish.



Non-taste Senses:  It's lighter than most of the ceylon tea I've brewed and it has a mild scent with a hint of banana.

Taste:  The tea itself is rather mild.  It still has that Ceylon tea clarity but there isn't really any bitterness.  There's also a nice balance between the tea flavors and the banana flavor.  I wish there was a little more of the banana flavor but it's still pretty strong and it doesn't overpower the tea.  This would make a nice iced tea.

Overall:  I don't know if I'd order this particular tea again but it's not because I don't think it's good.  I've never seen banana flavored tea before, even in fruity ice tea flavors, but I also don't think I personally have the urge to have it.  However, it's a couple weeks until Christmas and the 15% couple would be great for any tea lover (including yourself).  Plus you get some decent tea.

My Rating:  Try it!  Here's the free sample page.  Here's the rest of the website (with a Lychee Jasmine Green Tea that I'm making eyes at).

Edit:  I've decided to bump up the rating to a Buy it! for at least the sample.  Banana black tea is something I've only seen at one other tea site and that one isn't a free sample, it's really good quality tea and for 4 bucks, you get enough to brew about 6 big pots of tea.  Plus, it really goes great with vanilla cookies and cakes or just as a nice iced tea.  I didn't think I'd enjoy it as much as I actually did (cold and with shortbread cookies), but I actually am impressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment