Sunday, November 20, 2011

TasTEA Time! The Tea Farm's Lychee Black Tea

I ordered two teas from the Tea Farm on Wednesday, Lychee Black and Rosemary tea (which was a free gift with any purchase).  I appreciate how I got the tea in three days but unfortunately, I must shake my fist at the Tea Farm for screwing up my order.  The Lychee Black was supposed to be 4 oz while the free gift was 2 oz.  Meanwhile, I have this big honking bag of Rosemary that I really don't need and a (still relatively larger) 2 oz bag of lychee.  A pox to you, Tea Farm.  This better be some awesome tea!



What:  Delicious lychee in some black tea

Where:  The Tea Farm is located in Hawaii, this kind is from China

Why Should I Care:  For those of you who don't know, a Lychee (or Lichee) is this amazing, delicious fruit that has the texture of an orange and tastes like the gorgious lovechild of an apple, Mandarin and some sweet scented flower.  It's really difficult to find outside of season and even if you do, it's probably not ripe or in the peak condition.  However, that's why we have lychee candies, drinks and tea!  I got this particular brand because I figured that even though it's a little pricey, you actually get a free 2 oz tea of the month so more bang for your buck (*grumble grumble* jerks screwing up my order *shakes fist*).

Packaging:  I'm actually pretty satisfied with the packaging.  They're in resealable foil bags with a nice little label on it.



Non-Taste Senses:  It has the same color as that Banana Ceylon Tea I got from EnjoyingTea.  There's a little hint of lychee in the smell but I dunno.

Taste:  First off, don't drink this when it's boiling hot because you won't taste the lychee that well.  It's ok, don't know if it's worth the price but ok.  The tea is better than average quality while the lychee flavor is there but could be stronger.  It would probably be even better at room temp or cold and a little bit of sugar is nice.

Overall:  The best word to describe this is OK.  It's good but anything with lychee is good.  I don't think it's worth the price but check it out.

My Rating:  Try it!  Here's the site.

No comments:

Post a Comment