Wednesday, November 16, 2011

TasTEA Time! Dilmah Strawberry Ceylon Tea



What:  Strawberry flavored tea

Where:  Sri Lanka

Why Should I Care:  I've seen a good number of teas with strawberry flavoring but for the most part, they don't have that much strawberry flavor. It's kinda sad because everything else that's strawberry is pretty delicious so tea should also be delicious.  Alas, I barely can taste the strawberry most of the time.

Packaging:  All the sachets are individually foil-wrapped.



Non-Taste Senses:  The tea is the typical Ceylon golder than normal tea color and the smell is PHENOMINAL!  If you have an area in your house that smells bad then brew a cup of tea there because this has a strong smell of strawberries.

Taste:  For one thing, I think rinsing has done the trick for Dilmah because I can barely taste any bitterness.  Also, this tea is fantastic.  The strawberry and tea flavors are both well balanced and yes, the strawberry flavor is strong and fragrant.  It takes sugar ok and if you're ok with the tea being a little strong, it makes a good iced tea.

Overall:  I haven't tasted a better Strawberry tea, least for the price I got it.  I highly recommend it for people who love strawberries and black tea.

My Rating:  Buy it!  The site only offers huge quantities for a not so great price, so shop around.  However, the site I used to tell you guys what rinsing is looks awesome!  They even have a free gift with any purchase and although the lychee tea is black tea, it's still lychee!  I'll probably buy some at the end of the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment