Monday, January 2, 2012

TasTEA Time: Justin Lloyd Lavender Earl Grey.

First off, sorry for not writting any posts in a month.  It's been extremely hectic between the 50 hour workweeks, getting everything ready for school (OMGOMGOMGOMG) and me esentially being quarentined from my room.  Heck, I even have a couple half-written reviews but just didn't have time or forgot or whatever.  Anyway, I'm back.  I may not be as active as I was in November but I still will try to post more often.



What:  (another) Lavender Earl Grey tea

Where:  I'm assuming England.  There is no website for this tea and the box suggests England

Why Should I Care:  It's snowing here in Pittsburgh.  It's pretty substancial too which is great because I need to have at least one good snow in the winter (A personal story:  I used to live in Meadville PA, which is farther north and close to a late, meaning they would have snow from the end of October to the beginning of April.  There would be at least three feet of snow for about 4 months of the year.  Now, I love snow but it's like having your relatives over for the holidays:  it's great to see at first but it overstays its welcome fast).  This is the time of the year where I prefer drinking the heartier teas (black and herbal tea) so it was between this and the Fiery Rooibos Chai (I swear I'm going to review that soon).  

Packaging:  IFWS.  The outside packaging is nice too and makes it look more bohemian and adventurous.  



Non-Taste Senses:  It looks like normal black tea and smells like a slightly more floral Earl Grey.

Taste:  There are two types of Earl Grey (and Chai for that matter) that I like:  relatively mild and ridiculously strong.  This falls into the former category.  It's fresh and the spicy part does tingle your mouth a little, but i don't feel the need to add milk or sugar.  The tea itself is decent quality, not bitter but not strong either.  Like I said, I don't think this would really hold up well with milk, but I don't think it would completely fall flat either.

Overall:  I like it more than the Revolution one.  I mean, it's drinkable and the other one...wasn't.  I think there are better Earl Grey teas out there but this one was cheap and it's organic.  If you get this for a gift-basket, you won't be disappointed by the extras.  

My Rating:  Pass.  It's good, but there are better brands out there.  I really have not found an official website for this so just try your luck Googling it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment