Sunday, January 22, 2012

Soda Pop! Jones Soda Crema De Pina



What:  Pineapple Cream Soda

Where:  Jones is based in Canada but I think these are the Mexican/Latin American varieties.

Why Should I Care:  I freaking love Jones Soda.  Not only do they have some really unique flavors, but they also use real cane sugar.  I mean, Pineapple isn't that exciting (it is, but I've seen other sodas with that same flavor), but I think Jones is the company that made apple soda popular in Pittsburgh.  Plus they have flavors like Berry Lemonade, Bubblegum and Fufu Berry (which is a mix of strawberry and raspberry).  However, I don't really know what to expect with this one.  It's not that I dislike cream soda or pineapple, but is it going to have that same bite that pineapple does?  Is it going to be too sweet?  Is their coconut in it?

Packaging:  It's in an awesome glass bottle with someone's photo on the front.  The caps have a saying on them too.

Non-Taste Senses:  It's bright yellow and it smells like pineapple candy

Taste:  So, this tastes like a really smooth pineapple soda.  It has the perfect amount of fizz (fizzy but not bitey), it's not too sweet and the pineapple flavor focuses on the sweet as opposed to the sour.  There is a bit of a cream soda base to it, but that mostly helps with the smoothness and if you dislike cream soda, you probably wouldn't even notice it.

Overall:  So, I'm honestly a little surprised at how good this is.  I love Jones Soda but the whole creamy pineapple seemed a bit iffy.  But Jones passed with flying colors.

My Rating:  Buy it!  Here's the site.  They also have all kinds of other stuff like submitting your photos for them to put on their bottles and random special editions.

No comments:

Post a Comment