Sunday, January 15, 2012

TasTEA Time! Dilman Moroccan Mint Green Tea



What:  Ceylon Green tea with a hint of mint!

Where:  Sri Lanka

Why Should I Care:  I like Dilmah.  Maybe it's because they use pure Ceylon at a slightly higher quality than I'm used to or maybe it's because they say that everything is packaged at the source, but the tea Dilmah produces seems to have a fresher taste with less bitterness than your average tea.  A couple of months ago, I got a varietly pack of their green tea (Natural green tea, Lemongrass, Cinnamon, Ginger and Mint) and I ended up buying a couple more because I liked to tea from it so much.  I'll try to review each of them but for now, I'll review the one that I had the most of, the Moroccan Mint.  

Packaging:  IFWS.  



Non-Taste Senses:  Light, clear and a golden-yellow hue.  It has a light minty scent.

Taste:  It's nice.  Not great, but nice.  The mint flavor isn't too overpowering and is pretty refreshing.  That being said, it's mint tea.  It's not much different than your average brand and what you see is what you get.  It goes well with sugar and would probably be a nice summer drink (especially if you add lime), but it's not something I crave often.

Overall:  This is my least favorite from my Green Tea Variety Pack, which doesn't mean it's bad or even that I don't think it's good.  I think in compairison to the other flavors, it lacks uniqueness.  If you like mint, it's good and is probably a good option for making a refreshing drink for a group of people, but it isn't something I'd go out and buy individually.

My Rating:  Try it!  Here's the site.  

No comments:

Post a Comment