Sunday, January 22, 2012

TasTEA Time! Snapple Refreshing Green Tea



What:  Canned Green Tea

Where:  USA

Why Should I Care:  Oh canned tea.  You're big, you're cheap and you're usually not very good.  There's very few teas in this catagory that use real tea and don't use HFCS (Peace Tea being one of the exceptions).  Now, despite my dislike in the previous Snapple products, the regular green tea was a staple of my lunch when I used to work at Shop and Save.  Plus this is slightly smaller and cheaper than the average.

Packaging:  It's a can on green tea.  It's can, it has a suggested price for it (79 cents, I paid 50).

Non-Taste Senses:  It smells like green tea and it's that yellowish color

Taste:  You can still taste the preservatives, but it's not as bad as Arizona or Brisk.  For the most part, its a fairly generic but moderately sweetened green tea.  Unfortunately, Snapple uses High Fructose Corn Syrup in this which is strange since Snapple uses real cane sugar in everything else.

Overall:  It's a little better than Arizona in that they use real tea but honestly, there's nothing to recommend here.  I'm actually a little surprised that I've given most of the Snapple stuff a pass because I buy Snapple stuff more often than most of the other tea brands.  Eh, better luck next time.

My Rating:  Pass.  

No comments:

Post a Comment