Monday, January 16, 2012

TasTEA Time! Dilmah Blackcurrant Ceylon Tea

Right now, I'm gong to review three teas from the same brand.  This isn't something I plan on doing often but I'm almost out of the Blackcurrant and was so excited about the Apple and Peach Lychee that I figured doing a few extra Dilmah reviews won't hurt.



What:  Blackcurrant-flavored Ceylon tea

Where:  Sri Lanka

Why Should I care:  Blackcurrant is honestly pretty exciting.  I mean, I don't get as excited over it as I do with lychee or even mango but it's the quintessential berry in my opinion.  It has this perfect blend of sweet and sour while still being fragrant.  Dilmah also happens to be pretty good with their fruits so here's hoping for the best.

Packaging:  Unfortunately, it's just a cardboard box with a foil pack containing all the tea bags.  If it's good (SPOILER:  it is), then that isn't a problem because you'll just drink all of them but if you're not always in the mood for blackcurrant then you should probably look for a separate container.



Non-Taste Senses:  It has a light brown color with a slight tint of red.  It also smells really strongly of berries.

Taste:  I really freaking love this tea, more than the mango even.  It's just, the berry scent and flavor is so strong and rich and yet you still have that slight tea taste.  It's sweet and tangy and even the slight bitterness complements it.  The tea tastes great with or without sugar, hot or cold and really nice with cookies.

Overall:  Just buy it.  

My Rating:  Buy it!  I don't think you need it at this point but here's the website.

No comments:

Post a Comment