Thursday, January 19, 2012

Review! Phenom Blueberry Pomme Coconut water

Greetings from Pitt!



What:  Blueberry Pom flavored Coconut Water

Where:  USA

Why Should I Care:  I love coffee but let's face it:  It isn't that good for you.  Caffiene, in all it's stimulating glory, is technically a drug and is something that when I personally get too much of it, it makes my brain crash.  So I'm attempting to get that morning boost of energy from other sources.  Now for the record, I also try to avoid those energy shots because they're supposedly even worse than coffee despite claims of grandeur.  However, I haven't heard anything bad about coconut water.  The other kind I tried (O.N.E) had all kinds of energy-botanicals to it so in a way, this is a step down.  But it's GNC, a highly-overpriced product (which I ended up getting for 75 cents) with vitamins and added goodness!

Packaging:  This one also comes in a Tetra pack for added refrigeration convenience.  I'm looking at the supplement information though and have to say, I'm not that impressed.  Yeah, it has 150% vitamin C but that's really the only stand-out.  It says it has more potassium than a banana but the information says it only has 2% (is it a typo).

Non-Taste Senses:  It smells kinda like (normal) milk with a hint of blueberries.

Taste:  There's no sugar added so don't expect this to be sweet.  As strange as this may sound, it tastes like a watered down, unsweetened, blueberry milk.  It has a decent blueberry flavor and coconut milk tends to be a bit thicker (and has a slight lactose taste).  The blueberry flavor also goes well with the coconut milk and works better than say, lemon lime.  Make sure to refrigerate it because the thick texture doesn't take room temp well.

Overall:  It's ok.  I think you really need to know whether you accept the taste of coconut milk and the blueberry (because there is no pom) lends well to the taste.  If you find it for a buck (which is probably impossible), check it out.

My Rating:  Try it!  Here's the site but this flavor seems to be discontinued.

No comments:

Post a Comment