Monday, January 2, 2012

TasTEA Time! Justin Lloyd Fiery Red Rooibos Chai



What:   Chai Tea with a Rooibos base

Where:  England

Why Should I care:  I love chai tea and it happens to be the perfect weather for chai tea.  I'm also trying to get some unique teas for this blog as opposed to the same old green teas and earl greys.  There's actually a couple really nice things about Red Tea Chai:  this brand is organic, red tea is caffeine-free and (my favorite part) this tea is pretty much idiot-proof.  One time I completely forgot I had it steeping and when I finally got it an hour later, there wasn't any bitter taste and it was entirely drinkable.

Packaging:  Your standard IFWS.



Non-Taste Senses:  It looks like standard red tea and it smells spicy.

Taste:  First off, if you want insanely strong chai, you should probably just make your own.  This is for the people who want something quick and easy and for that, it's pretty good.  Although the spices are more mild that I'd prefer, they didn't skimp on them and I'm sure you could even add a bit of milk to it if you want.  Chai is good with or without sugar and although I'd go with a spicier kind, I'm sure this would be delicious cold.

Overall:  It tastes fine, is generally pretty healthy for you and is inexpensive.  Not perfect, but definately worth a try.

My Rating:  Try it!  Again, i have not found a website so if you find it for 2-4 dollars, it's worth a shot.


1 comment:

  1. How can I order Justin Lloyd Fiery Red Rooibos Chai Tea?

    ReplyDelete