Saturday, December 1, 2012

Adagio's Candy Cane Black Tea




During Black Friday weekend, Adagio had free shipping for any sized order.  Although $3.75 is not bad for shipping, it gave me an excuse to order the Adagio Holiday collection of teas which include Pumpkin Spice, Candy Cane, Candy Apple, Gingerbread, Cranberry and Chestnut, all in cute little metal tins.  Candy Cane is probably the most unoriginal of all the flavors but I feel as though it should be the most Christmas-y (I wonder what a Hanukkah tea collection would taste like...).   At worst, it'll just taste like bad mint tea.  But who doesn't love candy canes?



Outsides:  This black tea has little pieces of candy cane in it.  Also, it kinda smells like vanilla despite it not being listed as an ingredient (?).  I stepped it in near-boiling water for about 5 minutes.  This is some dark looking tea with a strong peppermint aroma.

Insides:  I can't say that this is the most unique tea but it's a very good mint black tea.  The peppermint flavor is strong but well balanced within the tea.  There's a subtle sweetness from the candy cane pieces but since there were so few, it's only subtle.  I will also add that the tea used is very nice and not very bitter despite me leaving it stepping longer than it probably should have been.  I actually can see this being pretty good cold and really enjoy this.

Overall:  I like this one a lot.  It's not the most innovative flavor but it's just a nice, balanced mint tea.

My Rating:  Buy it!

Adagio is a pretty reputable online tea retailer.  The holiday gift set that I bought retails at $14 for 6 oz of looseleaf tea.  Comment if you want $5 off your first purchase!

No comments:

Post a Comment