Sunday, December 2, 2012

Adagio Cranberry Black Tea




Cranberries are one of those things that you think are gross when you're younger but then enjoy more as you get older, partially for the health benefits and partially because the bitterness of berry goes well with our bitterness against life.  And hey, not all cranberry things need to be bitter (Crasins are actually pretty sweet).  But I like the bitterness and find that cranberries have a nice strong flavor on their own so they should go well with tea.



Outsides:  Adagio's Cranberry tea is black tea with a lot of Raspberry leaves (which I don't know how I feel about that), as well as cranberry flavor and pieces.  I steeped it for about 5 minutes at near boiling temperature.  The tea is as dark as the rest of them but smells like raspberry.  Not cranberry, raspberry. 

Insides:  I'm just going to say this right off the bat that this is the most disappointing tea of the bunch.  It tastes like raspberry tea as opposed to cranberry and a bad raspberry at that.  The raspberry leaves give it this soapy kind of aroma as opposed to a juicy fruit and I don't know if it's that bad flavor choice or the underlying cranberry that brings out the bitterness in the tea.  What's more disappointing is that I thought this would be the hardest tea to screw up, but I guess this is just a cop-out from Adagio.

Overall:  The tin is cute but there is absolutely no reason to get this on it's own.

My Rating:  Pass.

Adagio is an online tea retailer that has a lot of unique blends.  I got this tea in their Holiday Stocking Stuffers gift set, which is a bit pricy at 6 1oz containers for $14 but has cute little tins.

No comments:

Post a Comment