Saturday, December 1, 2012

Adagio's Candy Apple Black Tea




To me, this is the anomaly in the Adagio Holiday Stocking Stuffer collection because I honestly don't associate candy apples with October to January.  I love candy apples, but they're something that I buy at amusement parks and the fair.  However, I did eat a candy apple a few weeks ago.  There's an Italian grocery store near my school which sells cheap produce and really good deserts.  I was buying some $1 pomegranates when I saw some candy apples at the counter for $1.50 so I bought one but much to my surprise and dismay, the apple was all brown inside :(.  That being said, I always get a candy apple when I see one so hopefully this tea will satiate my need.



Outsides:  Ok Adagio, what the heck is Candy Apple Flavor supposed to be?  I really dislike it when companies put these flavors instead of proper ingredients.  The Punpkin Spice flavored tea did the same thing and honestly, I don't know exactly what flavors go into pumpkin spice.  I stepped this for 5 minutes at near boiling water.  It's pretty much the same color as the Candy Cane tea but has the aroma of cinnamon and fruit.

Insides:  As shocking as this may sound (sarcasm), this tea does not taste like a candy apple but rather is an excuse for Adagio to package an apple cinnamon tea.  That being said, it's not that extraordinary.  The cinnamon flavor pokes through but only brings a little bit of the apple flavor with it, having the black tea completely overtake the flavor.  Adding cream helps a little in terms of bringing out the apple flavor but it really isn't as strong as Prestogeorge's (which apparently, I havent' reviewed yet).  It's not bad, just leaves a lot of room for improvement.

Overall:  Drinkable, but nothing you should purchase on it's own.

My Rating:  Pass.

Adagio is a fancy online tea retailer that has a wide variety of flavors.  I got this included in the Holiday Stocking Stuffers set which has 6 oz of tea for $14.

No comments:

Post a Comment