Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Prestogeorge Bananas Foster Black Tea



I'm a little surprised that I haven't reviewed this yet.  Banana flavored tea is rare but an interesting and delicious combination.  The sweetness of the banana makes a nice juxtaposition to the more clean and bright flavors of (usually) ceylon tea.



Outsides:  Prestogeorge's Bananas Foster contains black tea and banana as well as other flavors which I can't name because this is apparently not on their website.  I can tell you that this stuff smells STRONGLY of banana, in an awesome way.  I brewed about a teaspoon and a half of this stuff in 8 oz of boiled water for about 5 minutes.  Now, it's a dark orange gold color like a lot of ceylons, but I immediately added cream and sugar.  It smells very similar to banana cream pie.

Insides:  Oh goodness, this is not just any flavored tea but a desert in a cup!  The tea is good and if you like strong tea, then it's perfectly fine to drink on it's own.  However, the flavors really sparkle with cream and sugar.  The banana flavor is enhanced by a little hint of molasses flavor while balancing out well with the tea.  The tea is a medium-quality tea with an ok body for black tea but a bit too much astringency, but still much better than the black tea I've gotten from Adagio.  I still love this and encourage everyone to find a tea like this and try it out.

Overall:  I love it.  It's unique, well flavored and an absolute crowd pleaser.  <3

My Rating:  Buy it (if you're even in Pittsburgh)!  Has my Seal of Approval.  

Prestogeorge is my local tea retailer although they technically specialize in coffee.  They have a wide variety of tea and ship a few of them, but at a bit of a steep price.


No comments:

Post a Comment