Sunday, December 2, 2012

Adagio Gingerbread Black Tea




So, this is the last of the 6 teas in the Holiday Stocking Stuffers collection.  I'm part of a Polish family and our gingerbread is a bit different from other gingerbread in that it's softer, but ultimately has the same flavor.  That being said, I don't care for those cookies.  I don't know why since I love ginger and spices, but I just prefer more vanilla based cookies.  But, we'll see how this tea is.



Outsides:  This tea is black tea with pieces of orange and ginger.  Also, I have no idea what constitutes Gingerbread flavor, but that's apparently what's in this.  I steeped it for 5 minutes at near boiling water.  The tea is, again, dark and smells like gingerbread, a bit gingery but warm and baked.

Insides:  This is almost like a mild non-spicy chai.  The ginger and cinnamon add a nice warmth to the flavor while the orange peel adds a nice zing.  The tea is a bit bitter but not undrinkable.  I actually like this a lot and think it gets the gingerbread flavor almost spot on.  Adding cream gives this a nice milk and cookie flavor but you should probably drink this warm.

Overall:  This is probably my second favorite tea from this collection and it's a nice tea for those cold winter nights or just getting into the holiday spirit.

My Rating:  Buy it/Try it!

Adagio is an online tea retailer that sells a lot of interesting flavors.  This flavor was part of the Holiday Stocking Stuffers collection which has 6 oz of loose leaf tea for $14.  

No comments:

Post a Comment