Saturday, November 24, 2012

TasTEA Time! Tazo Awake (black tea)



What's this?  A bagged tea?  That's right, I'm back with some tea I stole...I mean borrowed from the local hospital cafeteria.  It just so happens that they have about 6 different kinds of Tazo, so that's what I'll be reviewing.  Awake seems to be the company's breakfast blend and a rather boring black tea.



Outsides:  The tea is in a nice foil-lined bag.  It was brewed at almost boiling water for about 4 minutes.  As you can see, this tea is dark and murky, so it's probably an Assam blend and even smells like one.

Insides:  Oh Tazo, you and your mediocrity.  I think Twinnings may make a more flavorful breakfast blend than you, which isn't saying much.  It's bitter, not unbearably so but moreso than the loose-leaf teas I got from Prestogeorge or Adagio, but it DOES have a tea flavor.  If I have to profile it, I'd say bitter with a bit of musk and that's it.  Ugh, just...no.  You can get better tea at 1/3 of the cost and I'm not even talking loose-leaf.  There is nothing special here and I'm probably going to give my stolen...I MEAN BORROWED, tea away.

Overall:  You'll be getting better tea from Twinnings or Biglow.

My Rating:  Pass/Burn it!

I don't feel like putting up the link but Tazo can be found everywhere so it doesn't even matter.  

No comments:

Post a Comment