Sunday, November 18, 2012

TasTEA Time! Adagio Pumpkin Spice Black Tea



I am such a pumpkin spice fanatic.  It's just this perfect blend of sweet and spicy, like chai tea except with different spices and emphasis.  Plus, everything is pumpkin spice now so it's very difficult to escape it.  Pumpkin coffee, pumpkin bagels, pumpkin muffins, pumpkin doughnuts, pumpkin BEER (probably my favorite) and now pumpkin tea have all made their appearances this season. 

Outsides:  As I explained before, Adagio sends it's teas in resealable, light-proof bags with all the information.  I brewed it at almost boiling for 4 minutes and didn't rinse the leaves (although it might be important to do that to get rid of a bit of the bitterness).  The tea is a lovely medium orange brown color, appropriate for black tea.  It smells sweet but not all too spicy, almost creamy.

Insides:  This is a more mild pumpkin spice, sweet but not overpowering.  You can taste a bit of the nutmeg and cinnamon but it blends pretty well with the flavor of the tea.  The tea itself is a bit lower in quality than what I'd normally pay for at my local tea shop but still good, although if you don't want to drink this with cream and sugar then I'd recommend rinsing.  I really like this as a breakfast time tea or something to drink if you're in a fall mood.

Overall:  I like this and appreciate the take on pumpkin spice.  It's definitely worth trying.

My Rating:  Try it!

Like I said before, Adagio is an online tea seller that has a lot of unique blends.  I post tea coupons on my twitter @teaandpolish so you can just go to that page and grab one, meaning the tea would be 3.75 for 3 oz including shipping.  That's really not bad and I even think you can get a free sample included.  But the pumpkin spice seems to be running out so get it while it lasts.  

No comments:

Post a Comment