Saturday, November 24, 2012

TasTEA Time! Adagio's Chocolate Chai Black Tea




I actually don't have much of an intro to this other than I make chocolate chai tea concentrate so unfortunately, Adagio has that to live up to.



Outsides:  I figured I'd show you the bags these things come in.  Chocolate chai has all the typical ingredients of chai PLUS CHOCOLATE so yum yum.  I steeped it in almost boiling water for...4 or 5 minutes, which is longer than Adagio wants but I like my chai spices strong.  It's a orange brown color but I'll be reviewing it with cream because that's how most people drink it.  It smells not unlike gingerbread.

Insides:  I'm not really impressed.  The chocolate flavor is there so that's nice, but the chai base is just not as strong as I was hoping for.  It's not really that spicy and honestly, even the chocolate flavor doesn't add much to the taste.  It's still not bad but I'd reccommend the Thai Chai over this any day.

Overall:  Meh.  I'm glad I got this in a sample. 

My Rating:  Pass.

Adagio is one of the most reputable online tea dealers.  They have a lot of different varieties and even have free shipping until cyber monday.  If you go on my Twitter @teaandpolish, I try and send out $5 gift certificate codes every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment