Sunday, January 13, 2013

Teavana Cococaramel Sea Salt Herbal Tea




Outsides:  Honestly, I don't even feel like typing this long-ass list of ingredients, so I won't.  It's pretty much rooibos tea with coco nibs, nuts and flavorings.  I have to say, this dried tea tastes delicious and if Teavana was smart, they'd expand this mix to the cereal/trail mix food world.  I put 2 teaspoons of this stuff in 8 oz of boiling water and let it steep for 5 minutes or so.  I'm not gonna lie, the color of this tea is completely unappetizing.  It looks like dirty sewer water, which is only made worse by the pieces of rooibos floating in it.  It smells tasty though, like chocolate caramel.

Insides:  First off, I probably should have added more of the herbal tea.  Second off, this does not work unless you add some kind of sweetener to it (I added Stevia, which actually works quite well in this since you expect chocolate drinks to be thicker).  Anyway, this has a nice chocolate flavor to it with hints of nuts and caramel.  I don't taste any salt in it if that's what you're wondering, but this is a nice, multi-dimensional chocolate drink.  It's also a great low cal, low fat, low sugar alternative to hot chocolate, although the chocolate flavor should be a little stronger.

Overall:  I like this more as the dried tea, but it's still not bad for a chocolate craving.

Flavor:  Chocolate with other flavors
Price:  About 6 dollars for 2 oz, but 2 oz will not last you as many cups as with regular teas.
Uniqueness:  Pretty unique.  I've never seen a chocolate herbal tea like this before.
Usability:  Needs sweetener but good for a chocolate craving.
My Rating:  Try it!

Teavana is a chain tea retailer that can be found in malls across the United States and Canada.

No comments:

Post a Comment