Friday, January 4, 2013

Prestogeorge Peach Rooibos




Today, I am waiting for my Teavana order to be delivered (7 teas, 1 free sample tea blend, almost a pound of tea for $20).  But I'm bored and I need to get this rooibos reviewed so that's what I'm going to do.

Outsides:  The ingredients on the site basically say it's just peach and rooibos.  I brewed about 2+ teaspoons of this at boiling for as long as I want as long as it's exceeding 5 minutes.  The color is a rusty orange and this smells like peach flavored tea, except it has a bit of that southern sweet tea/fast food tea scent to it.

Ok, so you may notice that there is a lot of tea in this cup.  I make boiling water with my Keurig, which I got for free because my friend is an engineering genius who got access to the engineering department's electronic waste closet.  Someone threw it out, I knew my mom got me one for my birthday and was hoping that she'd return it and give me the money if this one worked (no, that Keurig is in storage for when this one breaks) and I figured that I'd try to see if it works.  Well, it works for the most part.  The nice thing about it is that 90% of the time, I can tell it to make 8, 6 or 4oz (there's an 11 oz setting but I never use that for tea) of water and get that amount of not quite boiling (I'm guessing 95 degrees Celsius).  However, this thing will occassionally stall (not give me water).  I then turn it off and make it boil water until it works again, but then I get an excess of about 4 oz.  This was actually a lot more annoying when I brewed coffee or hot chocolate because those would get watery unless I stopped it at the right time, but with hot water, it's not a big deal.  It's still not a big deal because I've had this tea before and put an excess of tea in the container, but my strainer needs to be washed better so it doesn't deceive me.  Anyway, that's why there's an excess.

Insides:  Obviously, the flavor could be stronger but that is my fault.  I actually thing the peach and rooibos really complement each other and although this isn't as complex as it could be, it's a safe peach tea.  Rooibos is not bitter or sour in any way and kind of has this floral, honey note to it while peach naturally complements that.  The peach flavor is still strong even in my abomination of a cuppa, and gives this tea a fresh taste.  I think this would make a great iced tea and would probably go well with some juice mixed in.

Overall:  Not my favorite rooibos flavored concoction, but a solid one.

My Rating:  Try it (especially if you like peach tea)

Prestogeorge is my local tea shop here in Pittsburgh.  They have a ton of different types of teas, from basic blends to flavored to higher-quality leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment