Saturday, August 11, 2012

TasTEA Time! Peace Tea Unsweetened Black Tea

 

I don't normally buy unsweetened tea.  I mean, why pay for something when you can get it at home for a tenth of the price (at least).  But sometimes, you don't have hot water with you and you really want some tea.  Also, Peace Tea is generally a good bargain.   It's 99 cents for a 23 oz of pure, natural tea and that's better than getting tea at the hospital.  Plus I'm on a diet.  Ok, not a diet diet, but I'm trying to be more conscious of what I eat (for a week until I go to the fair -_-).  Although I will drink things with artificial sweeteners, I prefer not because they often change the taste of things and have other health concerns.  You're sacrificing a bit of sweetness but are ultimately better off just not adding sugar.

Outsides:  It's in a rather graphic can and smells like tea.

Insides:  I'm not going to say this is my favorite tea, but it's not the worst.  It's a lot more fragrant than flavorful and has some slightly sweet floral notes.  This is supposed to be styled after English Breakfast and it does a good job maintaining that.  It's a little bitter, but not too offensive and would probably be better cold than at room temperature like I'm having it.

Overall:  I like it.  It's not going to replace my normal tea, but it's enjoyable if you just want some canned unsweetened tea.

My Rating:  Try if you need it/Pass if you don't.  Here's the Peace Tea Website:  Peace Tea.

Coincidently, if anyone wants to enter into this awesome Bento giveaway, here's the link:  Awesome Bento Giveaway

No comments:

Post a Comment