Thursday, August 2, 2012

K-cup Reviews: Brooklyn Bean Roastery Boardwalk Blend


Ah, nothing like a hot cup of coffee at midnight.  This is supposed to be an extra bold medium roast, and the website description gives little more than poetry, so I can't tell you what to expect.

Outside:  It's lighter than the other BBR coffee I tried.  It also smells more like a dark roast.

Insides:  This is actually quite nice cold (I'm drinking it 8 hours after I brewed it).  While it was hot, I felt that it tasted like a dark roast but it has a lot less emphasis on the smoky, acidic favors and more on just being robust and aromatic.  I'm going to put out there that I think this would make a really nice iced coffee (assuming you're willing to brew 2-3 K-cups to make a pitcher).  It's not too harsh but still strong.

Overall:  It's surprising what a night of sleep can do to a cup of coffee.  This is another decent, but not brilliant, cup of coffee from the Brooklyn Bean Roastary.

No comments:

Post a Comment