Saturday, June 30, 2012

TasTEA Time! Touch Organic Earl Grey Green Tea


It's no secret that I love this brand.  For the price you pay (I saw a 100c cube at Marshells for 5 bucks), you get a pretty good quality tea.  I, however, am not the biggest fan of Earl Grey.  It's not that I hate it, in fact I like a cup once in a while.  But the two key points there are cup and once in a while.

This tea is slightly unique in that it's a green tea base as opposed to a black tea.  
Outsides:  Each sachet is individually wrapped and I'm pretty sure they use recycled or biodegradable paper for the filter.  The tea looks like your generic Chinese green tea.  You can smell a hint of bergamot.

Insides:  This is an interesting one.  The bergamot flavor isn't the strongest, but it really is in perfect balance with the green tea.  The tea itself is of good quality, not bitter but still strong.  I think the unique thing about this is that it isn't strong, it probably wouldn't go well with milk and I'm not sure how traditional Earl Grey drinkers would think of it.  But I like it a lot actually as a refreshing summer take on something traditional.

Overall:  If I just reviewed things off my opinion (which I usually do anyway), I'd give this a buy.  It's a well-balanced tea and kind of an interesting take on traditional Earl Grey.  But some people have expectations that might be crushed by this so I can't, but I still think you should try it anyway.

My Rating:  Try it!  Here's the site.

No comments:

Post a Comment