Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Tea Forte Morrocan Mint Green Tea

 


Hey guys.  So, it's summer break and that means that I have enough time to blog again.  Yaaaaay!

So on April Fools, Tea forte had a sale where if you bought a tin of tea, you got the Kati brewing system for free.  Considering that the tins are $15 and the mug is also $15, I thought this was a great deal and I wanted a new tea cup so I went on board.  Now, there were a lot of cool flavors like Marzipan Cherry and whatnot, but I wanted something that I know I would drink over the summer.  What's better for the summer than some Morrocan Mint tea?




Outsides:  I actually got this partially for the tin as well since I have a pretty bad shortage of tins.  It's ok, kind of cheap feeling compared to the ones I've gotten from Zen Tea or Harney and Sons, but the tea is also in a plastic bag so it's packed well for freshness.  Since this is a blend with spearmint, you get that nice fresh mint smell that's more appropriate for the summer (whereas peppermint is more appropriate for the winter).  I brewed this at about 75 degrees Celsius for 2-3 minutes.  The tea still has a pungent spearmint smell and a light yellow color.

Insides:  This reminds me a bit of the Mild Mint from Touch Organics, although a bit stronger in overall flavor and a bit fresher.  The mint is prominent but not overpowering and goes well with the green tea flavor. The green tea in here isn't very distinguishable but isn't very offensive either.  It's simple and it's a good drink for a crowd since there isn't really any astringency.  I've cold brewed this a few times and think it works really well for that.  You definitely don't need any sugar with this.

Tilt:   Ok, this tea is kind of expensive.  It's $15 for a 4 oz tin when you can pretty much find Morrocan mint tea anywhere.  Unfortunately, I don't have another one for comparison, but I'll probably end up getting some from one of the locals.  I've also been trying to associate teas with seasons and this is definitely a summer tea, so now is the time to buy.

Overall:  I like it, although it's a bit boring.  Still, I'd check it out if Tea Forte is having a sale and you don't have any in your cupboard.

My Rating:  Try it!

Tea Forte is a fancy tea company with nice packaging and interesting flavors.

No comments:

Post a Comment